COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS, INC. – COVID-19 UPDATE – MARCH 25, 2020
WINTER GARDEN – Community Health Centers (CHC) continues to monitor the activity of COVID-19. We are working with state and community partners under the guidance of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health (DOH), and local health departments to stay informed regarding coronavirus.
In regard to the mandatory Stay at Home Order in Orange County that will go into effect on Thursday, March 26th at 11:00pm:
- Those seeking healthcare or visiting their pharmacy, including Community Health Centers’ services, are excluded in Orange County’s “Stay at Home” Order.
- All 13 Community Health Centers locations will remain open with no disruption in hours of operation. Visit www.chcfl.org for hours of operation and COVID-19 updates.
- CHC is offering immediate appointments for dental emergencies at the following locations: Apopka, Winter Garden, Forest City, Meadow Woods (Peds Patients only), Pine Hills, Lake Ellenor, Tavares, Leesburg, and Groveland. We have staff present and available at these locations to provide Dental Emergency and Urgent Care - evaluation and treatment of the dental infection, swelling and/or pain in patients of all ages. To schedule an appointment, please call 407-905-8827 or 352-314-7400.
- The CHC Pharmacy is offering free mail-order prescription refills.
- TeleMedicine for existing patients will be offered soon.
- The Optometry department is offering free mail-order of lenses/frames.
- CHC is prepared for the possibility of having to respond to a Person Under Investigation (PUI) by implementing procedures, resources and capabilities to lessen the impacts on our communities and team members.
- CHC continues screening all patients and team members for risks and symptoms of COVID-19 infection. CHC has obtained the necessary equipment and protection for team members to provide COVID-19 testing for current CHC patients. For non-CHC patients, per DOH and CDC recommendations, those are instructed to call their Primary Care Provider or their county health department as appropriate from home to control the transmission.