The testing is by appointment only and it is geared for those high-risk individuals who meet the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 testing criteria.
In order to get screened for the criteria, Orange County, Florida residents can contact the DOH-Orange’s Call Center Monday through Friday; 8am - 5pm at 407-723-5004.
To better gauge the spread of the virus in the community, DOH-Orange plans to implement a random testing effort of selected volunteers. This method of information gathering will further the planning process and will enhance the approaches utilized to combat the virus.
As a reminder to residents, DOH-Orange recommends these everyday preventive actions to help impede the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Social Distancing – stay within six feet of other people;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Staying home when you are sick and avoiding contact with persons in poor health;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
(If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty); and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.