ADVENTHEALTH WEST FLORIDA DIVISION HOSPITAL CAPACITY
AdventHealth continues to see a significant increase in COVID-19 cases at its facilities across West Florida and have surpassed our highest peak since the pandemic began in 2020. We have seen an increase in COVID hospitalizations in AdventHealth hospital locations in Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Marion, Pasco, and Pinellas counties.
· Our hospitals are designed to create flexible and expandable spaces for patient care.
· More than 90% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 across our nationwide system are unvaccinated.
· We have sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and specialized equipment available to quickly and safely convert existing spaces in the hospital into standard patient rooms or ICU/critical care rooms, should they be needed due to increased demand.
· We continue to require anyone entering our facilities to wear a mask and adhere to CDC guidelines for safety.
KNOW WHERE TO GO FOR COVID-19 TESTING
- Unless the public is experiencing severe respiratory distress, such as shortness of breath or chest pain, please do not go to the ER for a coronavirus test. Instead, we encourage the public to contact your care provider, schedule an e-care visit, go to the nearest AdventHealth Centra Care, AdventHealth Express Care at Walgreens or PromptCare (Highlands/Hardee counties) location.
- The public can also visit CoronavirusResourceHub.com or call 877-Virus-HQ | 877-847-8747 for additional information on COVID-19 testing and vaccination options.
Effective, Monday, August 2, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel will temporarily postpone any non-urgent elective procedures that require an overnight stay. We will continue to perform same-day procedures that do not require an overnight stay. Patients will be notified directly if their procedure will be rescheduled.
AdventHealth Wesley Chapel will continue with time-sensitive urgent and emergent surgeries and procedures as scheduled. This decision allows us to further plan for the increased need for hospital beds, resources, and advocate for patient and team member safety.
NO OTHER WEST FLORIDA DIVISION HOSPITAL LOCATIONS ARE AFFECTED AT THIS TIME!
AdventHealth Wesley Chapel will begin limiting visitors on Monday, August 2. Other AdventHealth hospitals in Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties will begin updating visitation policies as needed beginning later in the week. The public can find the latest updates on each hospital’s website.
HOSPITAL LOCATIONS IN HARDEE, HIGHLANDS, AND MARION COUNTIES ARE NOT AFFECTED AT THIS TIME!
DISPATCHHEALTH – COVID-19 TESTING AT HOME
Patient safety has been elevated to a higher level in the home thanks to Adventhealth’s enhanced partnership with DispatchHealth, an industry leader in at-home urgent care. The collaborative effort allows medical teams to become a mobile urgent care and answer house calls. Every house call gets a physician assistant or nurse practitioner along with a medical technician.
DispatchHealth currently offers RT-PCR test or a lateral flow antigen test for symptomatic patients. To learn how DispatchHealth is keeping patients and medical teams safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit dispatchhealth.com/covid-19. An on-call physician is available by phone at all times and if patients are critical, Dispatch Health teams can escalate the call to paramedics.
To request a home visit, simply call 813-736-0270 or visit dispatchhealth.com.