Effective Monday, Aug. 2, updates are being made to the visitation policy at all facilities in AdventHealth’s Central Florida division to help our teams providing care to our patients. We have made the decision to move from in-person visits to virtual visits for COVID-19 positive patients. Exceptions will be made for children under the age of 18, obstetrics, pediatrics and end of life situations. The Central Florida division includes Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Polk, Volusia and Flagler counties.
AdventHealth will make patient experience experts available to help patients connect with loved ones virtually, should assistance be needed.
The policy change is being made to support AdventHealth team members better care for the increasing number of COVID patients being seen across Central Florida.
Updated AdventHealth Central Florida visitor policy (effective Aug. 2):
- COVID-19 positive — virtual visits.
- Non COVID-19 patients — one visitor at a time
- Obstetrics and pediatric patients — two visitors at a time
- Under 18 – COVID-19 positive patients — two adult caregivers at a time
- OB COVID-19 positive symptomatic — C-Section — two visitors a day, no visitors in OR
On Thursday, AdventHealth Central Florida moved to ‘black’ status and deferred all non-emergency surgeries at hospitals throughout the division. The status is being reviewed daily and will be updated should conditions change.