Full Job Description
We’re looking to add team members to our successful private dental practice. Because we believe our individual skills, backgrounds, and passions help us pioneer a new kind of dentistry, we’ll train you to be the best. We believe in creating a positive company culture that embraces personal growth, teamwork, and high levels of trust among team members. We see a bright future ahead for Your Oviedo Dentist and we look forward to finding the right people to join us on our journey.
JOB TITLE: Dental Hygienist
EMPLOYER: Your Oviedo Dentist
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Team
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Operations
SUMMARY: You’re a problem solver and can easily connect with patients! Your ability to multitask allows you to prioritize your time for maximum efficiency. We will train you to uphold compliance with infection and hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Most importantly, you are here to provide the highest level of patient care and incredible customer experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performing hygiene services on patients of all ages
Taking digital-rays & intraoral photos
Ability to co-diagnose periodontal conditions
Uphold clinical standards and periodontal protocol
Presentation of the same day & next priority treatment
Handling & processing payments & refunds
Maintaining a full hygiene schedule
Documentation in practice management software
Patient tours of the office
Compliance with infection and hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards
Entering & reporting on individual & department statistics
Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Florida Hygiene License
- Diversity- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect & sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and is ethical; Upholds organizational values.
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectively and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objective; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Strategic Thinking – Comprehending and interpreting complex or diverse information, such as medical history and occlusion, in regards to patients' conditions and oral health; Uses intuition and experience to anticipate the needs of patients.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach to a method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, commits to modifying work schedule when necessary to reach individual and company’s goals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Continuously required to sit
Frequently required to stand
Frequently required to walk
Continually required to talk or hear
Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 lbs
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Frequently exposed to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
Your Oviedo Dentist is a private dental practice serving the Central Florida community. Founded in 2007 by Dr. Angel Lopez, Your Oviedo Dentist has grown into a 14 operatory practice with specialties in Periodontics, Cosmetic, and Implant dentistry. Along with Dr. Lopez, we are fortunate enough to employ an outstanding team of associates including 4 general dentists and 1 board-certified periodontist.
We live our mission of “caring for you, so together we can care for others,” and we strive to provide an exceptional patient experience at every visit. Our talented team of dental professionals have helped us earn over 2,000 5-star patient reviews, and we were voted #1 in the Best Oral Care category in the Oviedo & Winter Springs Ovation awards. We also earned the distinguished "Top Dentist" recognition from Orlando Style and Orlando Family Magazine!
We have BIG plans for the future and hope to expand into multiple locations over the next 5-10 years with all management and leadership positions being filled from within. If you are an accountable, growth-minded individual looking for a long term career, you will thrive here at Your Oviedo Dentist.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General Dentistry
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40.00 - $42.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
- Florida Dental Hygiene License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 6 days ago
Posted 6 days ago