Just in time for Mother's Day, Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies has launched a new pregnancy app, Hello Baby!, available for both Apple and Android devices. The app provides weekly updates on the growing baby, advice from medical experts and tools such as a kick counter and contraction timer. What makes the app unique are the elements specific to the experience at Winnie Palmer Hospital.
- Instead of coming in person, users can pre-register for their birth directly through the app.
- Parents can search for local OB-GYNs and pediatricians.
- Moms can develop their birth plan to provide to their medical team during delivery.
- The labor and delivery section details what parents can expect during their time at Winnie Palmer Hospital.
- A virtual tour gives parents a behind-the-scenes look inside the hospital.
- The discharge book given when parents leave the hospital is available digitally on the app.
Local OB-GYNs are encouraging their patients to download the app to help them prepare for their upcoming delivery. With an average of 14,000 births a year, Hello Baby! will be a valuable resource to the many expectant mothers who choose Winnie Palmer Hospital. The next update to the app will include a Spanish version.